Google
 

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Proton Saga : The Empire Strikes Back

I am without doubt the most loyal customer of the Proton car. I have never own any car brand besides the car produce by Proton. Well, the first car I bought right after I graduated in 2001 is the Evo wannabe 'Proton Wira'. And I bought it without any hesitation. The only reason at that time.. I have no choice. Others are simply to costly. Now, zoom in to the future that is today. Graduates who just finish their study can now able to choose from a lot of car brand. The price of other car brand now can compete in a fair market with Proton. Kudos to Paklah's administration for this to happen. Proton has been milking the malaysian public far too long. Proton should now have be strong enough to compete with the world. Honestly, despite many others are saying, I do think Proton has a slight chance of survival. Yes, the global car company such as Toyota, Honda, VW, Ford has been bigger and ever than before. They are gobbling up every other small carmakers in the world. Proton is like only a side dishes to them. But, if they did it right, choose the right partners and niche market, I believe that Proton someday will in turn gobble up the big players. Who knows, in the future, Volkswagen whose the one that will be owned by Proton.

Future Proton Car?



No comments: